Monday, August 29, 2011

My Kids Think I'm Nuts


First things first,
To all the wonderful people I know personally and from on line in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. I wish you well and hope your doing good after the flooding and mess you've been through from Irene. To those I don't personally know and to those on the rest of the east coast, same to you. Here in the mountains of western PA it was just some rain that she managed to throw our way, but not more than we could handle.

My feeling and thoughts are with you, and my prayers are for you in your struggle to wade through the mess and to bring back rightness to your lives. May your courage and strength be brought back to you quickly. May your happiness and serenity be brought back to you threefold.



Yes, my kids think I'm nuts and maybe I am, but I'm having fun!

Was wondering one day why at fifty I began to feel so free. Much like turning forty, another great weight was lifted from living.

Maybe because by fifty I'd made a fool of myself so many times it just didn't matter anymore...

Or by fifty I messed up and made so many mistakes and survived them, that I no longer cared...

Could it have been that after fifty when a guy called a young lady sweetie or hon, she didn't scowl and look at him like a pervert any longer...

Might be because you finally realize that anything you do doesn't really matter, so your free to just do what you like.

Or you see that embarrassing your kids really is fun, so why not do it on purpose...

You reach the point that you no longer care what others think of you, so you say what you want and do as you feel...

Possibly you finally realize you will just never have the body you desire, so you just don't care any longer and eat what your hungry for...

Could be that what everyone else calls a second childhood is just you figured out that having fun is really all that matters...

Might be that all that stuff you smoked and ingested back in the 60's finally finished burning your brain cells out...

Or you've figured out that laughing real hard burns calories, so that becomes your diet plan...

Maybe because you find that all those who have screwed you in the past are now bitter and lonely...

Is it you realize that many things you though or dreamed of don't have a chance to become a reality, so you just let go and live...

Possibly you realize that having something for only a short while is better than not having them at all...

Or you've come to find that what you thought were wastes of time are fun...

Could be you see young people worrying and struggling, you know it does no good, your just happy to be past that...

Possibly because you know that spoiling your grandkids is such a fun way of repaying their parents for making you a nervous wreck...

You remember how much your children desired and loved all those really noisy toys you hid from them, so your getting them for your grandkids so their parents can enjoy them too... hehehehehehehehe

And I just keep getting worse crazier better each year since. Now rounding that final turn towards sixty, I'm wondering whats coming next...

This should be fun! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment