Saturday, March 5, 2011

He Will Be Missed

There won't be the usual blog today and maybe for a few days.

A good man has gone. Why? I don't know. Why do good people leave us before we feel they should...

This was a man I came to respect. A man who did a job that I was not there to do. A man who probably did that job better than I could have. The man who took my first two children under his care and raised them as if they were his own.

I did get the chance to tell him that I believed he did a really great job in raising them. I meant it when I told him and I still believe that today.
I did get the chance to share some stories with him and share some laughs and smiles. 
I would have liked to have known him better than I did. But I felt a bit out of place. That too had nothing to do with him. I refused to let myself possibly become an interference in the family he made and their lives.
I will always appreciate that he accepted me enough to let me know my children and join in for some important events in their lives.

So I must go now and think.
I must be available for my oldest children, if they need me and the people he left behind, if they should need me.

I'll be back to the blog when I can but I really do need some time.

Ivan D

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear that, Ivan. My husband is very good friends with my grown children's dad. Lots of years behind us all. We enjoy visiting with him and his wife. It's never easy to say goodbye. Please accept my condolences for you and your family during this most difficult time.
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete