Monday, October 24, 2011

Vacancy


Today I just don't know what I am. I actually have nothing to say. I know that is hard to believe, but it's true.

I'm neither tired or restless. I not happy, but I don't feel sad. I'm hungry yet I really don't want anything to eat. I've been trying for three hours now to decide what to write here today and darned if I can. So I'm just typing away as I think about this.

Maybe for some reason unknown to me I'm to just be quiet. Could be, but then why? Possibly because of that wonderful dance with the dog and the resulting back pain, my body is just telling me it needs a rest. Yet when this has happened before my mind never went this blank.

My mouth has never learned to be quiet. Normally my mind and mouth combined can come up with something to drive other people to the edge of insanity where they want to yell, SHUT UP.

There are nasty things in the news. Baby's disappearing. Catastrophes occurring around the world, wars and ends of wars, politicians saying idiotic things that should really have my big mouth going, but there not.

Now I've had quiet periods before, just not this long. I loafed all weekend. Watched news, spent some time on line reading, shopped for groceries and even ate out twice. Talked to people and while shopping was even bugged by a few.

There is just no spark. Nothing is fanning the flames of anger and nothing bringing me to elation. Not a thing that is making me tearful. Very little that can make me do more than smile. Yah, there have been a few that actually made me laugh, but that laughter quickly slid back to empty.

Three days now of this quietness... Though it has been kind of nice it also gives me some worry. Ya know, that uh oh, what's coming next... Like maybe that calm before the storm. That moment of absolute peace, right before all hell breaks loose. It's beginning to make me feel uneasy.

Only time will reveal the answer.

Today though there is no wisdom, no humor, no sadness, no full or empty to share. All I really feel like doing is going into hibernation like a bear. I can't really do that because there are things that just need to be done.

At least I will leave you with a reminder today.
Remember to smile and share that smile!!!



So hey, how about clicking on that Join button and showing us your smiling face. We're all family here in this world. We all have similar problems and lives. We all put up with idiotic decisions made by our governments. But we all need each other to make a better world possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment