Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It Keeps Me Out Of Trouble


Ugh!
I spent the day mowing yesterday. There are places here that are not really lawn that I keep mowed down just to keep the place looking nice. Well with the weather being so rainy towards the end of this summer, they have grown. As I was mowing I decided to get those places caught up. They are now about knee deep and will take two mowings to get them knocked down. I did not get totally finished and oh yes, the rain has come again...

Quite often throughout life things get behind for different reasons. Many times I see and hear people complaining about junk like that and they sound like their lives are over...
I don't tend to see them as life ending events, but more as just another challenge.

I can't help but wonder, if it were not for challenges would life get boring... In the very unlikely event that everything went exactly as planned when it was planned for, what would I have to do to fill the hours of the days?

I could visit with neighbors, yet they would get tired of seeing me and I'd probably distract them from what they have to do. I could take in a movie, but movies are long and I can't sit through them without becoming bored. I could try sitting and watching TV................................ Uhh, No! Nothing there worth watching.

I could go fishing, but then fishing wouldn't be that great escape from the everyday that I find it to be now. So that too would become boring. Maybe spend more time enjoying the woods and fields. Nope, just like fishing it would lose it's escape factor and would just become a ho hum event.

I could spend more time with the grandkids! Oh the fun that would be! Right up to the point their parents would chase me away because of my teaching them even more orneriness. Can't help but wonder if that's not why I don't get invited to dinner as much as before...

Ahh heck. If everything went perfectly I'd probably only find I had to mush time and I'd only end up in trouble. Being busy and having work to do keeps me out of trouble. I mean, could you just imagine an old guy stuffing a potato on the exhaust of a cop car...

Hmm, it's getting close to halloween. Maybe I can toilet paper yards and houses... Maybe even soap some windows...
But yah, I've grown older and slower. Heck I'd be caught before I even got a good start.

Oh there are tons of things I could do to entertain my goofy mind, but I'd only end up getting in trouble.
Yup, myself and all the kids. When were not kept busy, we only end up in trouble...

So I guess I'll just be happy that things go wrong and not always as planned. They keep me busy and keep the cops from knocking on my door.
Heck at my age they'd probably bring the men with those silly white coats with them...

And again it's raining. Now what will I do? Someone did once mention catching up on the housework. But in all honesty, I'd totally rather cut the lawn with scissors while on my knees in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment