Friday, June 24, 2011

Time For You

When I want to go somewhere, I can go. When I get the urge to do something different, I can. If I feel like doing absolutely nothing, I can do that too. Should I not feel like eating, I don't. Should I desire a fancy meal, I can go to a restaurant of my choice.

If I'm to lazy today to do the dishes, I won't. Should I be tired and not want to run the vacuum, there's no one to complain. If I need to put in more hours working, it affects no one but me. Maybe I'm not feeling like work, I can go fishing or for a long walk in the woods. I can even lay around the house all day and do nothing.

Living alone isn't all bad. At times it would be nice to have someone around to share life and living with, but that brings the pressures of pleasing someone besides yourself. Finding someone to accept the entire good, bad and ugly of you is next to impossible.

Should I feel the need to talk to someone, I can visit or call on the phone. I can go to a bar anytime I like or I can sit at home in my undies and do nothing. If I don't feel like mowing the lawn today there is no one to complain. If I don't feel like doing the laundry or putting the clean laundry away, I just don't have to and will hear no complaints.

I came into being without someone while raising my kids. I didn't want to subject them to the dating life and seeing various women come and go. Didn't want them becoming attached just to have someone else walk out of their lives. So I quit dating or even trying to find someone.

There was only one problem that I had trouble finding an answer to. Sex...
What I found is that sex was an addiction. Like any other addiction, the only cure is to be strong and just say no. Not easy, not desirable, but it can be done and “no”! You will not explode... It's just a matter of training your mind and body to something different.

I've also found that happiness is a frame of mind. It doesn't take anyone to find happiness, it comes from you. Being alone you can find that acceptance of who you are is the most important thing on the journey to happiness and the picture begins to clear. Being you and not what others think you are or should be.

Once I accepted being alone and began to learn myself, I began to find happiness in most everything I did or do. It's kinda like being a little kid with no end to playtime unless your ready for it to end.

Yah, there are some things that need to be done or taken care of, but you do them when you want or decide to. I've found that by setting specific days to pay bills, I can do them in just several minutes and be done. I actually have two days I do that. One in the beginning of the month and one in the middle of the month. But I look at that as playing responsible adult...

Attitude is the difference between being happy or being in agony. Look for ways to change your attitude if your unhappy, and learn that you can smile about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment