Thursday, May 5, 2011

Impulse...

Had to make an unexpected trip to town yesterday afternoon, headache and all. But my son treated me to Starbucks so it wasn't all bad... Even though they do over charge for what they have it's sometimes worth it. While there we had the laptop running and even with a nice high speed connection my computer was running to slow to make me happy.

So after Starbucks what hair brained idea did I come up with but to go and look for a better computer. Went to three different places I shop for that kinda stuff. Finally went back to the first and bought one. Talk about over priced...

Now I probably have three or four days work just trying to get rid of the junk they have preloaded on that computer and downloading and installing the programs I like using. Gee, doesn't that sound like fun... Anyone want to help?

I'm not crazy about Microsoft's programs, I found Open Office much cleaner and easier to use. Not crazy about Norton security either. Used to use both at one time and even used McAfee on one computer. They were all fine at one time but seemed to get to bloated and want to control your computer.

I also like other programs that help clean out the pesky, hard drive slowing tracking cookies that so many sites take the liberty of adding to your computer when you visit their sites. Although with Windows 7, Microsoft's disk cleanup tool, does a pretty good job it still doesn't get them all. So it's kinda like taking a bath and not washing behind your ears...

There's other things I use on a regular basis so all that will have to be added too. Maybe even to many... But slowly I'll get it done and then remove all the games and other junk that I'll never use and most of which I wouldn't enjoy.

But if the weather keeps up it's ways and stays cold and rainy, I should have that new computer ready in just a few days. I just refuse to use it until I have it set up the way I want it. Yup, like many other things in my life I'll customize it to suit myself and make me happy.

Best thing is though, my neck has let up a bit and the headache is pretty much gone. How long though is any ones guess.

Got some new chicks a few days ago and they're eating like hungry wolves and growing wing feathers already. This is the first time I ever ordered them on line and was a bit hesitant. But my son in law wanted some too, so we ordered them all together. We were both like little kids waiting for them to come...
I'll try in a few more days to get some pictures here for you.

Kinda looks like the sun is coming up really nicely today so quite possibly I may not be working on that computer and will instead be outside getting some work done that should have been done a month ago. But that's life when you choose to do what I do to have fun...

Well, have a really great day and remember, make yourself happy and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment