Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nothing To Do


I'm bored and there's nothing to do... Yah so what, so am I!
I suggest going for a walk. Nah, that sounds boring... Oh, so you feel about a walk through the woods like I feel about a walk through the mall!

Hey, I've been in a funk for a few weeks now. Have no idea why or what's bothering me, but the reason will show it's ugly little head in due time. So yes, I'm bored. Don't feel like doing any more than is absolutely necessary and don't feel like going anywhere... My old tired joints are aching.

What I need to do is get off my dead butt and get moving. That alone does more for the tired old joints and other aches and pains than anything else. What the biggest problem I see though is bored people who just need to get off their lazy butts and do anything.

When I suggest to some that they take a walk through the woods and they just say nah, that sounds boring. I see right away that the bigger problem is laziness. But OK, there may be some who have no idea of the wonderful sights, sounds and smells that are there. Hard for me to believe, but there may be some who just can't appreciate what nature freely offers.

How anyone couldn't see the absolute beauty in wild flowers is beyond me. Not being able to appreciate watching a deer and her fawn graze and play, I find hard to understand. The inability to enjoy the funny antics of a squirrel as it goes about searching for food to store for the winter is almost beyond my comprehension.

How can anyone not savor the delectable sweet flavor of a fresh picked wild berry. Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, wild strawberries, the occasional apple tree growing in the wild and it's apples. Or the black cherries or various nuts that grow in the wild.

Or walking along when a wild growing honeysuckle bush graces you with it's wonderful aroma. Watching a baby bird fresh from its mamma and papa's nest as they encourage it to fly while they chase away the predators and sometimes even you if ya get to close.

The sounds of the music of the birds chirping and singing. The whisper of the breeze blowing through the trees. The flutter of leaves being blown by the wind. The sight of huge trees as they sway in that wind as if they're dancing to the songs of the birds.

Hearing the plop of frogs as you sneak up on a stream to watch the fish in search of a meal. The gracefulness of the fish as it swims through the stream or in a pond. Watching the diligence of a nest of ants as they search for and then carry food home for the winter. Watching them climb over and under obstacles in their path carrying bits of things bigger than they.

Maybe best of all beside the fact that it's free... There is not a soul there who will taunt you with glares of anger and meanness or haunt you with ugly hurtful words. But no, you'd rather go to the mall...

My dear sweet grandchild, you really make me smile...


No comments:

Post a Comment