Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm Wrong


I get that it's possible to not realize you are wrong at the moment you actually say something or do something. Everyone probably does that at some time. Me, ehh... I probably do that way too much.

Then to become convicted to what you've said and/or done. Oh yah, how can I possibly be wrong...
In the heat of a disagreement or argument it gets even worse. To be wrong about anything would be to lose the entire argument! At least in our own minds...

Maybe in the heat of the moment the other person is just waiting with baited breath for you to make a mistake. Then pounce on your stupidity. Turning everything you have ever said or will ever say into a question mark of doubt. Maybe they even do a little victory dance making you feel even worse...

Now they have the upper hand, they tie you to a stake with your own words and roast you over an open fire of their words. Ha ha, your trapped in their cell of torture and they can now do whatever they desire with the remnants of your being. Your the fly in their web as they bundle you up with the new found knowledge of your wrongness and will devour you whenever they please...

Your beat, you've lost, forever to be cast into the lonely vastness of the chasm of the wrong. Never again to be a bright intelligent being. An eternity of incorrectness is all that everlastingly awaits your error making soul. Sadness, gloom and dumb... To be laughed at by the society into which you were born. No chance again to be seen as a shining star...

Yah right!

I venture to say that I make at least one mistake every hour I'm awake. First in the morning when I awaken. I make the mistake of getting out of a nice warm comfy bed with hope of a perfect day in an imperfect world. Only to have those dreams crushed by the feel of my toe smashing into something I should have put away the day before.

The pile of mistakes grows from there. I mistakenly think my son will awaken on his own with a smile and joyfully face a shining new day!
Uh hu... I yell up the stairs that it's getting late. He dresses and comes down with a scowl. Menacingly faces his day like an angry bear facing a human as they wake him from hibernation.

Yet after spending a few years on this earth, I've come to know that we all make mistakes. Most of those mistakes are silly of funny and make us laugh. Some are not funny at the moment, but are looked back on and bring smiles. Many are so downright hilarious they make our sides hurt from howling with laughter.

A few though are sad. They hurt someone else. Maybe the worst of which hurts the one we love. Bringing your love for them into question in their heart. Making them feel bad and leaving them wondering, do you really even want them in your life...

So why not admit it when you finally realize you are wrong. Don't wait until you get home or together. Pick up the phone and call, tell them your wrong and you love them for helping you to become a better person.

Don't fear being wrong. Look at being wrong as an opportunity to smile! A chance laugh! A possibility to grow into a wiser human being! A prefect chance to humble yourself to the one you love and make them feel even more, they are needed by you.

Admitting mistakes and being wrong becomes easier each time you do. Soon you begin to notice that others respect you more. They see that your just human and are brave enough to admit a mistake and your wrong...



As I humble myself with my admitting I'm often wrong, how about joining and becoming a follower here? Anyone and everyone is welcome.
Comment! Complain, whine, carp, or just say hello! All I ask is that you keep it clean and decent so I won't have to go and hit that mean ole delete button.

No comments:

Post a Comment