Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tea Balls And Cartoons


The most local TV station here has been playing a few cartoon classics since I was a very, very young boy. We lived in other areas of the country and I never saw them anywhere but here.

Every December they would pull them out and play them. There was a year, I think back in the 80's, they decided not to play the old films any longer. People complained! So they brought them back fast. Being the films were getting very old I understand they put them in digital format. Now the big kid in me wishes they would make them available for download.

Here is a link to the page they can be found on. Play all three and see if they don't give you a smile.


Another cookie recipe from my past is a Tea Ball my mother always made for Christmas.

Tea Balls
Mix
1 Cup (2 sticks) Softened Butter
1/2 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla or Black Walnut Flavoring
2 1/2 Cups Sifted Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Chopped walnuts

Cover and chill the dough. I usually mix it up and leave it covered in the refrigerator overnight.

Roll into 1 inch balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and light brown.

While still warm roll in Powdered sugar.
When cool roll in powdered sugar again.


These little bursts of sweetness go great with Coffee, Tea, milk or even Eggnog.
I like to make mine just a little smaller so they are more bite sized. They do leave behind a powdered sugar mess like powdered sugar doughnuts do. But they are so tasty I really hope you all will try them.

If you and your families and friends like them as much as they're liked here you'll probably want to make two batches. The only complaint I've ever had about them is there are never enough!

Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment