Monday, August 6, 2012

Choice


Wow did I do some damage to my back last Monday when I had to crawl under the mowditioner to work on it and fix it.
I've been in bad pain ever since. Some mornings I'm having trouble getting out of bed. It hurts like mad just to try and stand.
But I'm persistent! Or is that hard headed...

I've caught up on all the lite work I had to do and even have the book work caught up. Now what will I do to keep my goofy mind occupied...

I kinda knew that once I was done fixing that darned machine that I should have quit for the day and rested my back. But no...
I knew that my back was hurting and bouncing around more by being in the field I would do more damage. But did I listen...
I made the choice to climb back up on the tractor and finish that field...
So it was my choice and I made the wrong one.

In my mind there was the idea that the field needed finished. I couldn't be satisfied to wait one more day. I couldn't be patient.

So as a result the field may be finished but so am I.
Now all I can do is wait for my back to heal once again. Now even more work needs to wait for me. No progress will be made until I do heal.
Not really a great choice was it...

Seems everyone makes bad choices from time to time. Yup, even especially me.

This choice can't be changed. What happened has happened and it's way to late. All that can be done is wait for the healing. Then life can get back on track. I can learn from this one for next time.
Some choices can be changed as soon as you want them to. Some don't have lasting consequences. Sometimes all you have to do is change your mind. Times all you have to do is apologize and ask for forgiveness. Sometimes...


No comments:

Post a Comment