Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just Another Day


So here it is, it's Valentines Day.
Did you forget or have you remembered?

It's also my grand daughters birthday. Her big party will be this coming weekend. If the weather doesn't get real bad before this evening I intend to walk or ride the four wheeler and pay her a visit sometime after school today.

Other than that I have no plans for today but to just carry on with life as usual. Being single with no expectations of a relationship means to me that I also can celebrate that I don't have to listen to anyone else the rest of the year. I'm free to come and go as I please and when I please.

It would be nice to have someone to share what's left of my life with, but she would have to be someone who would really fit my life and be accepting of doing what we feel like when we feel it. That would be about impossible, so I just go on and play and don't even try and find someone.

Some think that's sad, a few understand how I feel.
I do not understand why so many think they need someone to fulfill their lives. Or make them whole.
Sometimes I wonder if that is not what goes wrong with so many relationships.

People think they need someone to make them and their lives whole, when in reality it is only them that can make their lives whole. Then finding someone to share that is like extra icing on a cake.

So many are in such a hurry to find someone that they chose someone who is not compatible and then try and change that person. That don't work simply because people have to want to change theirselves in order to change.

All you with partners to share this day with, I wish you all the happiness in the world. To those like me, enjoy the day with whatever you find that puts a smile on your face and makes you feel happy.

I haven't used my truck in about a month or a little longer. While I was feeling really ill I just stayed home and my kids would pick up what I needed. Then my son has been taking me along when he runs to town and I did the shopping then. I may see if that darned old thing will start and take myself to a nice buffet dinner.

I'm still not quite feeling like going anywhere though. So I may just drop in and see my grand daughter for her birthday and come home to vegetate some more. But who knows? I can do what I want when I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment