Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mental Clutter

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years eve. I wish for everyone of my dear readers to have a prosperous, happy New Year full of good health and smiles.

I had planned on being here on the blog over the holidays, but some unfortunate things were happening with some wonderful people I know through my daughter. Things that bothered me. Things I tried my best to find words for which would help.
Things that at this time I won't mention here on the blog.

But what do you say when you have nothing to say? What do you blog when your mind is a log?

The past year plus has been a constant struggle. Maybe well over three hundred sixty five struggles. I don't know about you, but when I'm struggling it's hard to get the rampant thoughts together to say anything even half way sensible.

Materialistic things have cleared up remarkably well, yet this mind is still full of absolute junk and jumbled thoughts. There are plans for this year now that things have straightened out. One last piece of newer equipment to find and purchase. Some new calves to buy and raise which are always great company for a lonely ole guy. Fences to mend and some to replace before the calves can wonder the fields. New chickens to buy since the old girls have quit laying eggs.

With all the mess of the past year plus still boggling my mind it's difficult to focus. I really need a vacation.
Time to get away and hopefully clear the mind. Time to sit along waters hoping the fish don't get to hungry. Time to allow the flowing waters to wash away the fog and carry the problems of the past away. Time to let the sunshine warm my bones and chase at least some of the aches and pains out of this timeworn body.

Time to meet some new people and share stories to get a new or better perspective of what an old single guy should do to enjoy the rest of his life.

The grass is never really any greener on the other side of the fence. Yet on journeys to the other side of the fence I usually find new respect for what I have on my side of the fence. Yes, it's always great to get home.

So I'm still working on the plans for February. Checking prices and just about ready to start scheduling hotel rooms. Reading local fishing reviews for the places I intend to travel to. Checking maps for best routes to travel. Wondering if I'll get lost once I get there and start traveling backroads while fishing... Lost can turn into lots of fun and smiles though.

Looks like it's going to be one week fishing along the Ohio river in Southern Indiana, one or two days spent visiting Nashville just to see the place, one week visiting and fishing the Chattanooga area, then off to central Florida where I'll be visiting and old and dear friend and doing even more loafing on banks while fishing. After a week there I'll be heading towards home. Probably driving through Shenandoah National Park just because I hear it's a beautiful drive. Hope there isn't going to be a snowstorm...
After that it's very possible I may be making a right and heading east since I received a very nice invitation to meet a reader and her husband. No promises though as I do have to get home to start the garden seeds for the year and I don't know for sure just exactly when I'll be heading home.

After all this decision making and planning is done and I'm on the road, the mind should begin to clear. While sitting along the waters fishing, the past year and a half should begin to flow out and away.
Only bad thought I've had is that maybe I should subject myself to a darned flu shot before going on this trek. Well that and wondering about an old guy doing all that alone.

Yes I know better than to go fishing alone, but what's a guy to do...
Trust in the universe to protect me and smile while I go out to play.
That's what.



No comments:

Post a Comment