Friday, January 24, 2014

Privacy

It's not that I have no expectations of privacy. But heck if the government or anyone else wants to keep records of my phone conversations they're in for a very boring book.


A recent call I made: Hey, whats for dinner today? Daughter sounding very ill, I don't know. Hmm, you don't sound very good. How bad is it? Not too bad, I think the worst is over. Well I have dinner almost finished, so sometime around noon you and the kids come on up. OK, see you then.

Another call I made: Hey, before you come home can you pick up... Yah, I can do that.


These are two examples of the majority of the calls I make. Could you imagine records after records of that kind of conversation?
There are some business type calls, but not a one where I say anything I wouldn't say in public. There are many calls I say no thank you and hang up. A few with over zealous sales people where I may say something nasty and then hang up. When I say no, I do mean no after all. When I'm in the middle of doing something and a sales person I didn't ask anything of calls or in the midst of a warm meal, I do not want bothered!
Heck, if I don't look for something I don't want called asking me to buy.

I learned a long time ago that if I want anything really kept private, I have to keep it locked in the recesses of my mind.
Trusted friends have a way of leaking things. Trusted lovers have a way of blabbing what was said in confidence when they tire of you. Even to the point of using what you said against you!
Bullies way back in the young school days would use what you said to bully you.

Anything said that you think is in private and will never go anywhere can and will. Often faster than the speed of light!

The only way to keep what you want to keep private is to never allow it to escape your mind.

Use it against me. Been down that road and I'm still here and laughing.
Use it as a book? Well at least send me a share of the royalties if there is someone who will ever buy it.

What I don't like though is that you will be using a huge amount of the tax payers money to warehouse all the dribbles of useless information.



No comments:

Post a Comment