Monday, February 3, 2014

Ball Shadow? Smile

So the groundhog saw his shadow...
Well when I left home early yesterday morning it was in the 40's. No snow, no rain, no clouds. I guess it could have been possible for that rodent to see his shadow. With all the lights from the cameras on him, how could he not see his shadow?
You can check out Phil's site at groundhog.org

On the way out of Pennsylvania I did find some rain. Didn't mind that since there was a lot of salt to be washed from under my SUV. Then almost to Columbus the weather got dry. It was still overcast which I appreciated. It's nice to not have bright sun blinding you.

It was great until I passed Louisville. It really greeted me to Indiana.
Ha, ha! Here drive in a snow globe.
I drove around after checking in at the hotel to make sure I still remembered my way around since the last trip here.
Amazing! I do.
Heck I even made a turn and thought I went the wrong way but quickly found what I was looking for anyway.

It's definitely warm here as compared to home. I e-mailed someone I know here to ask about some backroads I intend to travel on and ask about their condition during the winters. Got the answer I had figured on. Mud rut city. This should be fun!!!

The ball went well.
Danced a few slow dances with my grand daughter and then chatted with the other dads and grandpa's while the young girls were busy dancing with each other.

I am still trying to decide whether or not to put some pictures here. Something inside is telling me no. Maybe it's because she is so young. Maybe it's just something that will come to light in the future. I just don't know why I'm feeling no. But I've learned to listen to that voice inside.

Well, I'm off to play in the mud and snow and see what kind of orneriness I can find to do today for some smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment